INSIDE BIRDIES


INSIDE BIRDIES

By Peggy Williams AKA Birdie of Mississippi



During Fall Break my family and I had a great little vacation trip to St. Louis.  While we were there we went to Grant’s Farm which is a wonderful place to spend a day feeding goats, looking at animals and enjoying being with your family.  One of my favorite things we did was go into a Birdie cage to feed parakeets.  My parents didn’t have birds for pets when I was little, so I didn’t realize how beautiful parakeets are!  Before we went into the cage we were given seed hot glued to a Popsicle stick to feed them.  There were about a hundred parakeets in a variety of beautiful colors and we were surrounded by Birdies!  My grand-daughters’ laughter as we fed the little Birdies was contagious and before I knew it, I was giggling, too! They were so colorful, tiny and cute.  One landed on my daughter’s head and suddenly we each had parakeets landing on us.  One was on my hand and another on my shoulder.  They felt so light and fluffy! 



My husband, Dennis didn’t go inside, instead he stood outside and watched us.  He told my son-in-law - “Look at Mimi!  She’s just smiling and laughing.  She’s loving being in there with all those birds.  She is “Birdie!” When I get home I’m buying her some birds!”  And that’s exactly what he did.  What a precious and special thing to do for me!  Yes I am blessed!



The next afternoon we drove to Southaven, picked out a cage and bought two beautiful parakeets at Petco.  “Tweety” is violet blue and “Skipper” is lime green.  As soon as we got home we assembled the cage and they moved into their new home.  For a day and a half they were so afraid that they would neither eat nor drink.  I glued a plastic teaspoon onto a shish-kabob stick and was able to spoon feed them and they began to eat and didn’t stop!  By the fourth day they felt so at home that they began to eat right out of the palm of our hands!



Within three days, Dennis decided the bird cage that we had bought was too small and that he wanted more birds!  So we ordered a huge cage and added two more birdies – “Pixie” which is a yellow one and “Shy” who is white and aqua blue. Now we have beautiful wild outside birdies and beautiful inside pet birdies that we both love!  Both wild and pet birdies are very peaceful and fun to watch.  We have begun to teach them tricks and “Look at the birds of the air…” Mathew 6:26 has taken on a brand new meaning to us!  There are all kinds of wonder that God has given to us!

My photos may be viewed & “LIKED” on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest - “Birdie of Mississippi”.

E-mail: birdieofmississippi@gmail.com

Read my Blog @ http://www.birdieofmississippi.blogspot.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GETTING STARTED WITH BIRDIE OF MISSISSIPPI

WHAT WE COULD BE MISSING

THE BIRDS AT NOTRE DAME